Why you should install a home charger
installing a home ev charging stations makes charging faster, safer, and more reliable. this is what you need to know about charging at home.
About that cable that came with the car
most electric vehicles are delivered with a mode 2 charging cable. these have a type 2 plug that fits your vehicle in one end and a plug for ordinary sockets in the other. contrary to what many new owners of electric cars believe, this cable is only intended emergency use, when no charging station is available.
Avoid charging through a regular socket
regularly using the mode 2 charger and an ordinary outlet for charging is not recommended for several reasons;
- Regular outlets are not designed to withstand high throughput over long periods. Charging may cause heat to build up and create a fire hazard.
- Regular sockets are usually not connected to dedicated circuits. Using other loads on the same circuit will make charging times unreliable.
- Regular sockets usually don’t have adequate earth fault monitoring and protection.
- For the reasons listed above, regulations limit Mode 2 cables to 10A / 2,3 kW, much less than the charging capacity of most cars.
- Connecting and disconnecting the plug causes wear, and you may soon have to buy a new cable.
The benefits of a home charger
Charge more efficiently. Charging with the Mode 2 cable and a regular socket limits charging to 10A and 2,3 kW. This is far below the full charging capacity of new EVs. A charging station has a dedicated circuit of 16A or more. This allows you to take better advantage of the charging capacity of your vehicle.
九九彩票一分快三charging stations come with a mounted cable or an outlet for separate mode 3 cables, which are available in several dimensions. with a 16a circuit, you can choose a mode 3 cable that provides a charging effect of up to 22 kw. a dedicated circuit also makes charging times far more reliable.
Charge more safely. 九九彩票一分快三Charging stations fulfill all relevant safety requirements and norms. The installer connects the charging station to a dedicated circuit with at least 16A. The charging station also has earth fault protection type B and safety features that protect both you, your car, and the charging station itself.
installing a charging station may also increase the value of your home, making it an even better investment for the future.
Are you worried that you might not have enough available power for charging at home? Charge more efficiently with homeCLU.
Are you interested in learning more about our home charging solutions? Get in touch here.